Is there such a thing as putting too much trust in God? This is something I experienced and just woke up from the Christian Recliner. I pray this blesses you and wakes anyone else up from being asleep as a Christian..
I’ve put things that are my responsibility on His plate to handle.. i.e. “Whew.. there ya go God.. I can’t do this. I have faith in you to do this work in me! Praise the Lord!” – and what I’ve done is went overboard. I put things that were my responsibility on His plate. What happened? There was a misunderstanding of some recent studies on absolute surrender to God.
Here is a great blog post by a sister in-Christ that gives great guidance to the abused. In my opinion, it has a great top 10 list for real Christian love. Also, the 4 points she makes on finding real love as a Christian is just as good as the top 10. Great wisdom. I love the title of her post too – To get the right one, ya gotta be the right one. Too often we look externally/selfishly at what we want instead of focusing on what God says we need.
Top 10 ways to Christian Love
- Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 18)
- Speak without accusing. (James 1:19)
- Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26)
- Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9)
- Answer without arguing. (Proverbs 17:1)
- Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15)
- Enjoy without complaint. (Philippians 2:14)
- Trust without wavering. (Corinthians 13:7)
- Forgive without punishing. (Colossians 3:13)
- Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:12)