Blessings and Responsibilities of Believers
These blessings and responsibilities for believers were taken out of my bible study. It is based on the writings of Paul to the church in Ephesus. Enjoy the scripture. I pray it blesses you, in Jesus name. Amen –
The Blessings Christians Enjoy
- Chosen by God; election – Ephesians 1:4
- Adoption into God’s family – Ephesians 1:5, 2:19
- Acceptance before God – Ephesians 1:6
- Forgiveness of sin – Ephesians 1:7
- Insight into God’s will – Ephesians 1:9
- An eternal inheritance – Ephesians 1:11
- The seal of the Spirit – Ephesians 1:13, 2:18
- God’s mercy and love – Ephesians 2:4, 3:17-19
- Wisdom and knowledge – Ephesians 1:17
- Divine power – Ephesians 1:19,20, 3:16,20
- Spiritual life – Ephesians 2:1,5
- The promise of eternal kindness – Ephesians 2:7
- The knowledge that God’s plan of us is good – Ephesians 2:10
- Unity and peace with all believers – Ephesians 2:11-18, 3:6
- Heavenly citizenship – Ephesians 2:19
- Access to God through Christ – Ephesians 3:12
The Responsibilities Christians Have
- To keep the unity of the Spirit – Ephesians 4:3-6
- To use our abilities for the church’s benefit – Ephesians 4:7-13
- To keep growing and maturing – Ephesians 4:14,15
- To put away old, sinful ways – Ephesians 4:17-23, 5:2-14
- To speak honestly and purely – Ephesians 4:25, 29
- To do what the Spirit leads us to do – Ephesians 4:30
- To imitate God – Ephesians 5:1
- To walk in love – Ephesians 5:2
- To discern what is acceptable to the Lord – Ephesians 5:10
- To make the most of our time – Ephesians 5:16
- To be filled with the Spirit – Ephesians 5:18
- To submit to one another – Ephesians 5:21
- To have marriages that honor God – Ephesians 5:22-33
- To honor God in our families – Ephesians 6:1-4
- To demonstrate integrity in the workplace – Ephesians 6:5-9
- To stand strong against the forces of evil – Ephesians 6:10-18
I’m not sure about you, but I find myself falling short in my end of the agreement with God. Lord, I pray for help from our Helper and continued teachings from our Teacher. In Jesus name, amen.
According to the Word of God we are to be content with what we have. “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as you have: for he has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5) Yet we see others with more and the battle within begins. We want what they have and they are unwilling to give it to us. We battle with the desires in us and we are often the worse for it. Until those who call themselves ‘Christians’ begins to live it out, we will never have the example needed to show the world we have a better idea.
Hey brother, thanks for commenting. I’m a little confused on your response? I believe that the mentioned Blessings Christians Enjoy should be coveted/desired after.
i think he was referring to the worldly things…
Ya, that’s what I figured.. thanks Consuelo.
It becomes confusing when I read the comment in-line with the context of the posting..
Thanks for stopping by, God bless you and yours.